CPSTV - Campaign for the Preservation
Berwick St James Campaign - CPSTV
In February 2017, a focussed group of residents from the southern Till Valley volunteered to work together for the preservation of our tranquil community. The name chosen was Campaign for the Preservation of the Southern Till Valley (CPTV). The aim of the group was to ensure that everything that can be done would be done to protect the valley (between Berwick St James and Winterbourne Stoke), which would be hugely affected if the southern bypass were to be chosen.
Key areas of approach:
- Challenge Highways England on the lack of data provided.
- Commission professional consultancy companies to provide irrefutable scientific and ecological data.
- Raise funds to finance the reports needed.
- Planning and executing a co-ordinated media campaign.
- Encouraging residents to complete questionnaires.
- Liaising with other local communities and concerned groups.
- Addressing our issues with local and central government bodies.
[For full details about our campaign, refer to ‘Community Matters’ bulletins and Press Releases]